Bringing your most important updates into one central place
Key Updates is a new feature that will help ensure that your most important posts are front and center for all the right people.
We’re excited to launch key updates, a new home for your critical, time-sensitive updates. Key updates will replace Mark as Important. Internal communications professionals and leaders will be able to mark any post (including past posts) as a key update. People will be able to see all posts marked as key updates at the top of the News Feed, so they don’t miss any important news.How it works
How it works
System admins and content moderators can mark a post as a key update. They will then have a few options to choose from:
- Show in key updates: This option is default for the post to be shown in the key updates section.
- Show preview and notify on mobile: Turn this on to show a preview of the key update at the top of the News Feed for your chosen duration (up to 7 days). This setting is switched on by default, but can be switched off with the toggle. This option also sends a push notification on mobile.
- Send email: Turn this on to email group members about the key update.
- Mark as read: In Advanced settings, you can add a Mark as Read button to the post.
You can choose to add a Mark as Read button regardless of the level of boost you choose.
To mark a post as a key update:
- Go to the post and click on the
- Select Mark as Key Update
See it in action below.
Removing key updates is also just. Just go to the post and click on , then select Remove from key updates.Where can people find key updates
Where can people find key updates
All posts marked as key update will appear in the key updates section accessible via:
- Posts in the left navigation
- Prompt above News Feed
System admins and content moderators will be able to see insights for their key updates from two places:
- The Key Updates section of the Admin Panel: This will show metrics from all of the key updates made in your Workplace
- Post insights: This will allow you to view insights on individual posts
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback