Hosting Meetings in Workplace
Holding meetings can be challenging, especially when you have staff in different locations around the country or around the world. Workplace makes it easy to connect, hold discussions, and have real human interactions with anyone in your organization, anywhere, and at any time. This guide walks you through using Workplace to plan, host, document, and broadcast your meetings.
How to do it in Workplace
Polls are a great way to schedule meeting times and to prioritize topics you’d like to discuss. Post a poll with different times for holding your meeting, and invite team members to vote on the time that works best for them. Then, use a poll to determine what areas to focus on during the meeting. Invite team members to vote and add their own topics to the poll.
Create an event in your team group2. Create an event in your team group
Create an event in your team group to announce the date and time of your meeting and invite people.
Take notes in Workplace3. Take notes in Workplace
Create a Doc in your group that you'll use to take notes. Add a cover photo and select "Allow group members to edit this document". Invite other members to share anything in the meeting notes that you might have missed.
Use video chat to hold meetings4. Use video chat to hold meetings
Workplace makes it easy to host and join meetings no matter where you are. Every Workplace chat with less than 50 people comes with video and audio calling, so you can hold meetings across timezones and locations.
You can even connect to Workplace on Portal for a high quality audio and video experience. Portal is a video communications hardware device with Smart Camera and Smart Sound. It allows you to feel more present while collaborating with your coworkers, regardless of distance. Visit the Portal website to learn more.
Use the Live feature to record and broadcast in-person meetings to your entire group. The Live video will post to your group page so anyone that misses the meeting can catch up on it later.
- Centralize all meeting materials: video recording, notes, and event planning.
- Make meeting notes collaborative, have people add their own notes to the Workplace document.
- Hold meetings anywhere, anytime with Workplace video and audio calling.
- Make sure no one misses out on important meetings with Workplace Live.
More helpful resources
- New to Workplace User Guide - everything your partners will need to get started in Workplace.
- Training and webinars - register to learn directly from Workplace experts.
- The Help Center - step-by-step instructions and answers to frequently asked questions
- Managing a Project in Workplace - learn how to use Workplace to better manage your team.
Workplace Communities - join to see how Workplace uses MCGs to connect with users.