What's New in Workplace?
This month we are making meaningful updates to our product experience including a refresh of Workplace on the web and a new iOS chat app. We’re also launching other highly anticipated improvements like Live Q&A, a Workplace app on Portal TV and the addition of tables in Knowledge Library. Read on for more details.
Redesigned Workplace experiences
We are launching a new Workplace website experience and Workplace Chat iOS app. With these updates, we focused on enhancing performance and improving the overall user experience.
What are the changes?
We are introducing several new functionalities and features, including:
- Dark Mode (website and Chat iOS app): The new Dark Mode helps minimize screen glare and is easier on the eyes, especially for use in low light conditions.
- Full Width Mode (web only): The new Full Width Mode allows people to minimize white space when using Workplace on a large monitor.
- Better post creation experience (web only): We modernized the post creation experience by collapsing the “Add to Your Post” section to improve focus, as well as introducing easier text formatting options.
- Faster navigation (web and Chat iOS app): Using cutting edge infrastructure components developed at Facebook, both the Workplace website and Chat iOS app are now significantly faster, making it easier for you to find the things you need to get work done, and to connect and collaborate with your colleagues.
- Accessibility functionality (website only): We developed several functionalities to make the Workplace website more accessible for customers with accessibility needs. In addition to Dark Mode, we also plan to introduce improved focus management, easier keyboard navigation and support for screen readers.
Live Q&A allows leaders to engage and listen to their audience by crowdsourcing questions during live events such as town halls and ask me anything sessions. Live hosts can turn on Q&A so that any comments posted can be easily upvoted by the audience. Hosts are able to efficiently manage the Q&A by seeing the most popular questions at the top and marking as answered after responding. Learn more about going Live in Workplace.
Workplace on Portal TV
Workplace is now available on Portal TV. Portal TV turns your at home or in office TVs into smart video calling devices. Enjoy Workplace calling and Workplace Rooms on your largest screens for a more immersive experience. You can now find Workplace from your Portal TV Apps section. Please note, that Workplace Live is not yet ready on Portal TV.
Add tables to your Knowledge Library
We’re continuing to improve Knowledge Library, your central space for static content on Workplace. Now content creators can add simple tables to Knowledge Library categories to better organize and structure information. To learn more about Knowledge Library, check out our Customer Resource Center which includes a tutorial and our Help Center.
Action Items on the go
You can now create an Action Items posts from your Workplace mobile app to easily communicate follow-ups from meetings or jobs to be done to members of your team. A poster can tag colleagues on specific items and keep track of when an action item has been completed. Follow these steps to get started with action items.