Executive engagement is the most important factor in driving long-term adoption of Workplace. Help your leaders use and fully adopt Workplace with these best practices.
Why it's important
Why it's important
Executive engagement is the most critical factor in fully embedding Workplace in your organization. When leaders set the tone by engaging in conversations, employees are more likely to fully embrace Workplace.
For leadershp, the benefits of Workplace include increasing transparency and visibility across the organization, leading to faster decision making. Leaders are often wondering 'Do we have what it takes to innovate and stay ahead or still be relevant in the next 10 years?' Workplace helps with these key areas:
- Adapting to the modern Workplace
- Reducing siloes
- Building company culture and improving employee experience
- Connecting the frontline of the business
Tactical how to
Align your executives on why introducing Workplace supports the goals of your organization. Based on those goals, encourage them to model the behaviors you want to see on Workplace. For example, if leaders want to hear feedback from their frontline and customer-facing employees, they should engage with those employees directly on Workplace with polls and Live Q&As.
Help executives become familiar and comfortable with the platform by coaching them and providing resources. Here are a few you can share:
Walking leaders through how to use Workplace and its key features is important. You want your executives to feel confident with the platform and ready to engage as soon as you launch, so they can lead from the front. Some executives are more social than others, so your coaching plan should be tailored to each individual, but look to cover the below points:
- Have them download Workplace and Workplace Chat. They should then create their own secret "Executive Team" group and start sharing updates in the group.
- Outline their role as leaders before launch, during launch week and after launch. Executives will play a pivotal role in promoting Workplace to your organization. It's important they're aware of the communications they will be producing to encourage more people to log in to Workplace on launch day and beyond. Work with them to film a welcome to Workplace video, and help them get comfortable broadcasting live to employees and engaging with the community.
- Prepare a succinct business case for why you need Workplace now
- Help executives become familiar and comfortable with the platform by coaching them and sharing key resources
- Give them simple steps to take and emphasize their impact on a successful launch
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback