We have updated the European Data Transfer Addendum to reflect the EU-US Data Privacy Framework (DPF) Program. The below terms come into effect on 7 September 2023.
Workplace European Data Transfer Addendum
This Workplace European Data Transfer Addendum ("Data Transfer Addendum") is incorporated into the Agreement. It applies to the extent that Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd processes European Data as your Processor under the Agreement and transfers of such data are made to Meta Platforms, Inc. (formerly known as Facebook, Inc.).
- You acknowledge and agree that to provide the Workplace from Meta service pursuant to the Agreement, Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd transfers European Data to Meta Platforms, Inc. and onward transfers of European Data may be made to other Meta sub-Processors.
- When Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. transfers European Data to Meta Platforms, Inc., acting as its sub-Processor, or any other Meta sub-Processor, it shall rely on a valid transfer mechanism recognized by the GDPR and other applicable data protection laws in the EEA, UK, and Switzerland.
- In order to facilitate an efficient and coordinated service, all communication with Meta Platforms, Inc. or to any other Meta sub-Processor will, to the extent possible, be coordinated and directed through Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd.
- This Data Transfer Addendum takes priority over the Agreement to the extent of a conflict or inconsistency. By continuing to access or use the Workplace service on or after the date of this Data Transfer Addendum (or, as applicable, of any update to this Data Transfer Addendum), you agree to be bound by the Data Transfer Addendum as updated.
- In this Data Transfer Addendum:
- “Agreement” means the agreement between You and Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd under which Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd provides the Workplace service.
- “EEA” means the European Economic Area.
- “European Data” means Your Personal Data that is Processed by Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd as your Processor pursuant to the Agreement, to the extent that the GDPR or the data protection laws in the EEA, UK or Switzerland apply to the Processing of such data.
- For the purposes of this Data Transfer Addendum, any capitalised terms have the meaning given to them in the Agreement, except where stated otherwise. References to the Agreement, including the Data Processing Addendum, are to them as updated from time to time in accordance with the Agreement.