Photos and Files
You can only add to albums you've created. Live videos can't be added to an album.
To add photos or videos to an existing album:
- Go to your profile and click More > Photos.
- Select the album you'd like to add to.
- Click + Add Photos/Videos.
- Choose photos or videos to add, then click Open.
- Click Post.
Your album's privacy settings determine who can see your post. You can't change a post's privacy without changing the privacy of the album. You can add photos to an album after you've posted them.
A 360 photo allows you to see the photo from every angle including above, below, behind and next to you. When taking a 360 photo, default view will automatically be set to the middle of the photo.
You can create a 360 photo by using specific devices, apps, or software:
Take a 360 photo using one of the following:
- Ricoh Theta S
- Giroptic 360 Cam
- Samsung Gear 360
- LG 360 Cam
- IC Realtech ALLie
iPhone or iPad
Take a panorama using one of the following:
- iPhone 4S or newer
- iPad mini 2 or newer
- iPad Air and iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro
Take a panorama using one of the following in Surround Shot or Panorama mode:
- Samsung Galaxy S5 or newer
- Note 3 or newer
Photo Sphere Apps or Devices
Take a panorama using Street View, Google Camera, Cardboard Camera or Theta S.
Stitch images together using software like PTGui.
When you share these photos on Workplace, they'll automatically be converted into a 360 photo.
Find out how to upload a 360 photo.
You can upload a 360 photo the same way you'd upload any other photo. You can only upload a single 360 photo at a time.
To change the starting view of a 360 photo:
- Hover over.
- Click .
- Click and drag on your photo to change the starting view.
- Click Save.
Keep in mind that if you upload a panorama that's wider than 100 degrees, it may automatically be converted to a 360 photo. To disable a 360 photo:
- Hover over in the bottom right corner.
- Click .
- Click to uncheck the box next to Display as a 360 photo.
- Click Save.
You can add files of up to 100 MB to groups you're a member of. Keep in mind that you may need to wait for an admin to approve your post, depending on the group settings.
To add a file to a group:
- Go to the top of the group and click Files.
- Click Upload File then select a file from your computer and click Save.
You can also add a file to your group by adding a file to a post in the group. To do this, click Add file at the top of your post before you share it.
To add a file to your message on Workplace when you're logged in from your computer:
- Click at the bottom of the chat window.
- Choose the file you'd like to send.
- Complete your message and press Enter to send.
When you include a link to a website in your message (ex: a video or article), a preview of the link will be added to the conversation. Once the preview appears, you can delete the link to just send the preview.
You can reply to posts by attaching a file, depending on your organization's file upload settings. Files must be smaller than 100 MB.
To add a file to a comment:
- Click in the comments section of a post.
- Select a file, then press Enter.
The easiest way to optimize the quality of your videos is to upload HD video.
If you're exporting your video from editing software (example: Final Cut Pro, Avid, iMovie) we recommend these custom settings:
- H.264 video with AAC audio in MOV or MP4 format
- An aspect ratio no larger than 1280x720 px
- A frame rate at, or below, 30fps
- Stereo audio with a sample rate of 44,100hz
Your software's guide should include information about exporting video with custom settings.
Keep in mind that videos must be less than 240 minutes long and smaller than 4GB. The longer your video is, the larger its file size will be. This may affect the quality of the video.
You can only upload new versions of your file when you're logged into Workplace from your computer.
To upload a new version of a file to your post from your computer:
- Click the Files tab at the top of your group.
- Click to the right of the file that you'd like to replace then click Upload Revision.
- Select a file from your computer (with a max size of 100 MB), then click Save.
The maximum file size for files you upload is 100 MB. This excludes files shared via Workplace Chat, where the limit is 75MB.
To view files added to a group:
- Go to a group and click Files.
- Click a file to view it.
Note: The files tab will only appear after a file has been added to a group.
You may need to wait for an admin to approve group posts, depending on the group settings. You can only add files via integrations; you can't add files stored in your computer.
To add multiple files to a post when you're logged into Workplace from your computer, from the composer, select the files you'd like to add via integrations including Dropbox, Box and Google Drive. Dropbox files need to be added one by one. You can also add multiple file URL links into the post as attachments.
Keep in mind that you can select and add up to 6 files to your posts. You can preview posts that contain multiple attachments from your mobile device.
You can only annotate files when logged into Workplace from your desktop computer.
To annotate a file on Workplace:
- After you've uploaded your file to Workplace, click on the file thumbnail to see a preview.
- To add an annotation, click Place a new comment.
- Click any part of the file preview to place the annotation and add your comment, then hit enter to post or click Cancel Annotation to remove the annotation.
Keep in mind that all annotations are included as part of the file's comments. If you do not want to see the annotations on the preview screen you can toggle annotations off. This will only turn off the annotations for you. Annotations are viewable on Workplace apps, but can't be added from them.
Image types that support annotations:
File types that support annotations:
Note: Microsoft Edge browser does not currently support annotations.