Your profile includes details like your name, job title and work contact info. You can personalize your work profile by adding information like a profile picture, cover photo and other details in the About section.
If you're using Workplace Advanced, your employer may have provided some of the information in your profile. Since your employer provides this info, you should contact your company's HR department if you want to edit any of the details.
If you're using Workplace Advanced, your community admin may have provided some of the information in your profile. If this information is incorrect, contact your HR team.
When you follow a coworker, you'll see their posts in your News Feed. You can follow your coworkers, people on other teams or executives in your company. You'll only see posts that are visible to the entire company or posted to groups you're a member of.
When a coworker follows you, they'll see the posts that are visible to your company in their News Feed. If you post to a closed or secret group, your coworkers will only see it if they're members of the group you posted to.
When you unfollow a coworker, you'll see fewer posts from them in your News Feed. You can reconnect with the coworker that you unfollowed by following them again.
To tag a coworker or group in a comment or post:
- Go to the composer.
- Press "@" on your keyboard and start typing your coworker's name, or the name of the group you want to tag.
- As you're typing, a list will appear to suggest relevant names.
- Select the coworker or group from the list that appears as you type.
When you tag a coworker their name appears as a blue link, which clicks through to their profile. It will also send them a notification so they can stay up-to-date on the conversation.
Removing a tag
To remove a tagged coworker from a post you've created, you can edit the post to remove their name. To remove a coworker from a comment:
- You can delete the comment
- Edit your comment to remove their name
Hashtags are used to group topics and phrases together. This helps people find posts about topics they’re interested in. To make a hashtag, type # (the number sign) along with a topic or phrase and add it to your post. For example:
- Tina has just joined the team! #NewHire.
When you click on a hashtag, you’ll see a feed of posts that include that hashtag. You may also see some related hashtags at the top of the page.
Keep in mind:
- A hashtag must be written as a single word, without any spaces.
- You can include numbers in a hashtag, but punctuation and special characters (like $ and %) won't work.
- You can search for a hashtag using the search bar at the top of any page.
- You'll only see posts that were shared with you.
All Workplace customers have access to online help resources. Find out below what additional support is available for your Workplace plan.
Users and admins on Workplace Essential have access to the Workplace Help Center, Workplace Help Community and the Customer Resource Center.
To access this support while using Workplace:
- Click in the Workplace navigation bar on the left.
- From here, you can visit the Help Center, Ask the Help Community or Send feedback.
Workplace Advanced and Workplace Enterprise
Users on Workplace Advanced and Workplace Enterprise have access to the Workplace Help Center, Workplace Help Community and the Customer Resource Center.
Where additional support is needed, admins are also able to contact the Workplace Support team directly via message or chat. To access your support inbox and make a new request:
- Open the Admin Panel from the Workplace navigation bar.
- Click Contact support.
- Click Ask a question to send Workplace support a message.
- Click Chat with us to get support via instant messaging. Chat support is currently being rolled out and is not yet available to all customers.
You can also access this screen by clicking in the Workplace navigation bar and selecting Contact Workplace Support.
The support inbox allows you to see past support requests, filter support requests by their current status, and see if there is any outage that might be affecting Workplace functionality.
Still need help?
All Workplace users can find additional support by:
- Visiting Developer Support. This is the place to learn about technical integration between your company and Workplace.
- Visiting the Customer Resource Center. This is your central hub for all Workplace best practices and resources. It can help you to ensure a successful Workplace launch and achieve quick results within your organization.
Biography is a profile field that can be enabled for users to share a brief description of themselves with their coworkers. Admins cannot populate this data for the user. Users can complete their Biography by going to the About section of their profile.
You can find Celebrations in the Events tab of Workplace. They include birthdays and the anniversary of a coworker's job start date. You'll only see these celebrations if people have birthday and start date information available on their profiles. If your organization is using Celebrations, you'll see and receive notifications for celebrations of:
- Your followers
- Your manager
- Your reports
- Your manager's reports
In some Workplace communities, this option is only available to admins.
To add phone numbers to your profile from your computer:
- Go to your Workplace profile.
- Click About below your profile picture.
- Scroll to Phone.
- Click Add New.
- Select the correct country code and enter your phone number.
- Click Save Changes.
Keep in mind that to add an extension, you must use one of the following formats:
- phone_number Ext 1234567
- phone_number # 1234567
- phone_number x1234567
- phone_number ~1235467