How do I add people to Workplace without email addresses?
This article is only applicable to admins on Workplace Essential and Workplace Advanced.
As a system admin, you can choose to add employees without email addresses. To enable the feature:
- Go to your Admin Panel.
- Click Settings.
- Go to the Account Creation with Access Codes setting and tick the box to allow coworkers without an email address to log into Workplace using an access code.
- Go the People tab from your Admin Panel and then select Add People and bulk add via a CSV.
- When adding a user, you need to include at least a name and employee ID field. If added, an email won't be required. For all users without an email address, access will now be generated.
- Get an individual access code by clicking next to a user's name and selecting Get Access Code or download a CSV of all access codes for all email-less accounts by clicking the menu on the People tab and selecting Get Access Codes.
- Distribute access codes to email-less employees. Email-less employees will enter this access code on first login and create a username and password which they'll use to login to Workplace from now on.
Note: Access codes are sensitive data. Anyone in possession of an unused access code will have full access to the account to which the code relates. Distribution of access codes should be tightly controlled.
Keep in mind the following information about access codes:
- They consist of a 16-character string of letters.
- Only one is valid per account at any time.
- Generating a new access code for a user invalidates all old codes.
- They're valid for 90 days after generation.
- When an access code is successfully used to claim or recover access to an account, the access code is invalidated.
- Admins can deactivate an unused access code at any time.