How do I format my posts on Workplace?
You can only compose formatted posts from a computer. You'll need to have the latest version of the Workplace app for iOS and Android to view formatted posts on your mobile device.
Formatting posts in groups can help you structure and highlight your content in the following ways:
- Bold text
- Italic text
- Embedded links
- Bulleted and numbered lists
To format a post on Workplace:
- From your News Feed, click Write something... in the composer to start creating a post.
- Select a group to post to or click your name to post to your timeline.
- Create a post and highlight the text you want to format.
- From the menu that appears above the highlighted text, you can insert embedded links or use bold, italic or strikethrough on your text by clicking on the desired option.
- Click to the right of the text. You can select headers style, quotation, bulleted and numbered list or code block.
- Click Post.
If you would like more options, you can use Markdown:
- Click to the right of the text.
- Click Edit as Markdown to use Markdown in your post. At the right side, you'll see a preview of how the finished post will look.
- Click Text Formatting Help to view the formatting options. These are also shown in the table below.
- Click Post.
|Numbered list||1. first item|
|Inline code||`code` // your code here|
How do I format comments?
To format a comment, click in the composer. You will see a preview of what your comment will look like. Click Formatting help to view the formatting options.