What is code generator on Workplace and how does it work?
The code generator feature can be turned on from all devices, but codes can only be generated with code generator from the Workplace app for Android and iOS.
Code generator is part of an extra security feature called two-factor authentication. If you turn on two-factor authentication, you'll be asked for a special security code each time you try to log into your Workplace account from a new device.
To turn on code generator from your computer:
- Log into Workplace.
- From your profile, click Settings.
- Click Security and Login.
- Click Edit in the Use two-factor authentication section.
- Click Code Generator then select Set up and follow the instructions.
To generate a code using code generator from the Workplace iOS or Android apps:
- Tap .
- Scroll down and tap Code Generator.
- Use the code to log into Workplace.
Note: Security codes can also be generated with a third-party app.