How do I create a survey on Workplace and where can I see my survey results?
The Surveys section of the Admin Panel is accessible only to system admins, content moderators or admins with a custom role allowing for the management of surveys.
When you create a survey, recipients will receive a Workplace Chat message with two actions: Take Survey and Remind Me. If the recipient hasn't completed the survey or scheduled a reminder, Workplace will send a follow-up message 24 hours after the survey was originally sent.
To create or view a survey:
- From your Admin Panel, click Surveys. You'll see a list of surveys and their status.
- To create a new survey, click Create Survey in the top right.
- Fill in the following fields in the Details section:Title: Add a unique survey name of up to 75 characters.Invite Message: Write an optional invite message. If you don’t include an Invite Message, a default message will be sent.
- Click Continue.
- In the Questions section, add up to 5 questions and click Continue. Questions can have any answer type and be set to Optional. Click Continue.
- In the Recipients section, you can choose from the People Set option or Manual list to import a list of up to 30,000 people from the provided template. You can also send your survey via links or a customized email that can be personalized with the recipient's name. Click Continue.
- In the Duration section, you can choose the frequency you want the survey to be run. Choose the times and date that work best for your survey.
- If you choose One time only to everyone, all of the selected recipients will receive the survey at one time.
- If you choose Recurring to random samples, random samples of the selected recipients will receive the survey within the set date range. Each sample will receive the survey one time only.
Survey results are anonymous and results will only show if four or more people complete the survey. If less than four people complete the survey, the results will not be shared.
Once a survey has been published, it can't be edited, but it can be canceled at any time. Once a survey has been completed, it can't be canceled.
To learn more about how surveys help you measure employee sentiment across your organization, see Get the Pulse of Your Organization.