Troubleshooting CSV uploads on Workplace
This article is only applicable to admins of Workplace Essential and Workplace Advanced.
If you're having trouble uploading a CSV file, it may be due to one of these common issues:
- Not in CSV FormatAll files must be in the valid CSV format (file extension .csv). Other file types and formats aren't accepted.
- Not UTF-8 EncodedAll files must be encoded in UTF-8 character encoding.
- Values Contain CommasIf a value contains a comma, the whole value must be escaped by using double quotes (ex. "value_with_comma"). For example London, England should be stored in the CSV as "London, England".
- DuplicatesDuplicate employee records will cause errors in the CSV validation.
- Incorrect CapitalizationIncorrect capitalization won't normally cause an error, but names, locations, and other fields will be stored with the same capitalization as in the CSV file.
- Invalid Phone NumberPhone numbers should be in the format [country code] + [area code] + [phone number] (ex. +1 800 555 0150).
- Invalid LocaleThe locale should be one of the valid abbreviations listed in Facebook locales.