This section is only applicable to users of Workplace Advanced.
Important posts can be managed by system admins, content moderators and custom admin roles with permissions to mark posts as important. This article is only applicable to users of Workplace Advanced and Workplace Enterprise.
When a system admin or content moderator marks a post as important:
- It is shown at the top of all group members’ News Feeds.
- It is shown at the top of the group it was posted in.
- Important post engagement metrics will be made available.
- All group members will receive a notification.
Admins, moderators and others with permission to mark posts as important will also have the option to send all group members an email notification.
Creating an important post
To mark a post as important:
- Click on the post and select Mark as Important.
- Select the number of days the post should be at top of the feed (you can choose from 1 to 7 days).
- Choose which call to action button you would like to show with the post.
- Choose whether an email notification should be sent to all group members.
- Click Confirm.
Important posts will be shown at top of both the group and News Feed for all group members until:
- The amount of time selected by the admin has passed.
- The group member has pressed the Mark as read, Dismiss or Done call to action button.
If more than one post is marked important, the most recent post will be shown first.
The person who originally marked the post as important also has the option to send follow-up notifications.
This article is only applicable to users of Workplace Advanced and Workplace Enterprise.
Posts can be marked as important for up to 7 days. A day is calculated as a 24-hour window, not a calendar day.
To remove the important post from the top of News Feed earlier than initially planned:
- Go to your Admin Panel.
- Click Reporting > Content.
- Under Important Posts click View Post on the post in question.
- Click End post priority from the drop-down menu of the post.
Note: Users can use Mark as Read to remove an important post from their News Feed earlier than the admin-defined expiration date.
This article is only applicable to users of Workplace Advanced
There's no limit to the number of posts that can be set as important at once. You'll see the most recent important post at the top of News Feed. Once that important post is seen, the next post will be shown. You can also choose to view all important posts.
Note: You can now reduce the number of important posts in News Feed via the Mark as Read action.
This article is only applicable to users of Workplace Advanced and Workplace Enterprise.
When a post is marked as important, a user will receive a notification regardless of their notification settings.
An admin can also choose to send an email notification. If an email notification is sent, it will be delivered to each group member even if they have previously chosen not to receive email notifications.
Sending additional notifications
The admin or content moderator who originally marked the post as important has the ability to send follow-up notifications at any time.
To send additional notifications:
- Go to the group the important post was made in.
- Click Notify underneath the post.
- Choose whether to send a notification to either People who haven't seen your post or People who haven't clicked the button on your post.
- Choose whether you would also like to send an email notification to your chosen audience.
- Click Send.
Only the admin, content moderator or user with custom permissions who originally marked this post as important will be able to send additional notifications.
There is no limit on the number of times that notifications can be sent, but the notify option will no longer be available once all group members have seen your post.
This article is only applicable to admins of Workplace.
To see how the posts you mark as important are performing:
- Click Admin Panel at the top left of Workplace > Click Important Posts.
- Find the post you want to view under the Active or Past tabs on the right side.
You'll be able to see metrics for active and past important posts including:
- Seen by
- Marked as read
- Who marked the post as important
- Date promotion was created
- Expiration date of promotion
- Ability to end active promotions
- Ability to export data
You can also click to see the post or export the metrics into a spreadsheet.
What are the differences between mark as important, pinned posts and promoting a user's posts to top of News Feed on Workplace?
Marking a post as important highlights important content. Posts marked as important are shown at the top of News Feed for all group members.
Pinned posts are a way to ensure an informative post remains at the top of a group. As pinned posts are only shared to the top of a group, and remain indefinitely, the feature is often used to share details about the purpose of the group. Learn more here.
Promoting a user to the top of News Feed means everything that user posts will be surfaced to the top of the News Feed for every employee. This option is usually reserved for executives or other accounts that require significant reach. Learn more here.
The Surveys section of the Admin Panel is accessible only to system admins, content moderators or admins with a custom role allowing for the management of surveys.
When you create a survey, recipients will receive a Workplace Chat message with two actions: Take Survey and Remind Me. If the recipient hasn't completed the survey or scheduled a reminder, Workplace will send a follow-up message 24 hours after the survey was originally sent.
To create or view a survey:
- From your Admin Panel, click Surveys. You'll see a list of surveys and their status.
- To create a new survey, click Create Survey in the top right.
- Fill in the following fields in the Details section:Title: Add a unique survey name of up to 75 characters.Invite Message: Write an optional invite message. If you don’t include an Invite Message, a default message will be sent.
- Click Continue.
- In the Questions section, add up to 5 questions and click Continue. Questions can have any answer type and be set to Optional. Click Continue.
- In the Recipients section, you can choose from the People Set option or Manual list to import a list of up to 30,000 people from the provided template. You can also send your survey via links or a customized email that can be personalized with the recipient's name. Click Continue.
- In the Duration section, you can choose the frequency you want the survey to be run. Choose the times and date that work best for your survey.
- If you choose One time only to everyone, all of the selected recipients will receive the survey at one time.
- If you choose Recurring to random samples, random samples of the selected recipients will receive the survey within the set date range. Each sample will receive the survey one time only.
Survey results are anonymous and results will only show if four or more people complete the survey. If less than four people complete the survey, the results will not be shared.
Once a survey has been published, it can't be edited, but it can be canceled at any time. Once a survey has been completed, it can't be canceled.
To learn more about how surveys help you measure employee sentiment across your organization, see Get the Pulse of Your Organization.
Content Moderators and System Admins will have the ability to create content in the Knowledge Library.
System Admins can create custom admin roles with permissions to Create and edit Knowledge Library Categories. This allows users to create and publish Knowledge Library content.
To create a new category or sub-category in the Knowledge Library:
- Click on your Workplace home.
- Select Knowledge Library in the left panel.
- Click Create Category in the top right corner.
- You can now select your category's title, icon color and image.
- Once you have created your category, click Edit to create a Blank layout, a Pre-formatted layout, or to create a Resource List to gather helpful tools and files in one place.
- To add a sub category, click 'Add Subcategory' on the left panel. You can add smaller subcategories within a subcategory.
- Click Publish and select who can access the category from the drop down menu.
- Once you have published your category and subcategories, they will be visible to the audience you have selected.
Note: Only published categories within Knowledge Library will be seen by the selected audience type. Categories and subcategories in drafts are only visible to other content creators.
To edit or delete content from the Knowledge Library, you will need to be a system admin or have custom permissions to edit the content.
To edit Knowledge Library categories and subcategories:
- Click on the category you want to edit.
- Click Edit on the top right. You can now make changes to the content.
- Before first publishing, categories can be edited in draft version and all edits can be saved in draft mode.
- If you are editing an already published article, edits will be saved in publish mode.
To delete a category or subcategory:
- Click in the top right.
- Select Delete. Once you have deleted a category, it cannot be recovered.
You can also Manage permissions and Rename your category by clicking on the top right.
You can rearrange your categories by going to the panel on the left and hovering near the top of the list until you see Reorder. You can drag and drop categories and subcategories in the order you want and then press Save.
Admins can customize the Knowledge Library homepage to ensure that important information is highlighted.
- To update the homepage cover photo, hover over the photo and click Update Cover Photo. You can then upload, remove or readjust the cover photo.
- To select priority categories for all employees, hover over the Priority section > click Edit. Admins can choose up to 3 categories to prioritize at the top of the homepage.
- To add quick links, click +Add Link under the Quick Links menu. You can link to any URL to allow employees to find key tools and resources quickly.
Admins can also edit and delete content from Knowledge Library, as well as rearranging categories and subcategories.
Articles in your Knowledge Library are sorted into categories and subcategories.
To edit a category or subcategory:
- Go to your Workplace News Feed.
- Click on Knowledge Library in the left panel.
- Go to the content you want to edit by clicking a category link in either the left panel or on your Knowledge Library homepage.
- Click Edit on the top right of the page.
- Once you have made your changes, click Save Draft or Publish.
All of your edits will stay in draft mode until you publish.
Insights are available for each individual Knowledge Library category and subcategory.
Admins can see category insights by clicking View Insights on any category to see the following metrics:
- Potential Reach - this is the number of users who have permissions to view the category.
- Category Visitis - this is the number of users who have visited the category at any time.