How do I configure two-factor authentication on Workplace for my organization?
Admins can force their organization’s users to adopt two-factor authentication by a specified date. They can choose to require all of their organization’s users to adopt two-factor authentication, or a select group of people within their organization via People Sets.
To configure two-factor authentication for your organization:
- From your Admin Panel, click Security.
- Click More.
- Click Two-factor.
- Under Decide who is required, specify your audience (Everyone, Admins or People Sets).
- Set the date by which you’d like people to adopt two-factor authentication by.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: To monitor who’s using two-factor authentication at your organization, from your Admin Panel, click Security > Authentication.
Losing access to second authentication factor
If a user has lost access to their second authentication factor, whether that's the number they receive the SMS on or their authentication app, they can reach out to their system admin.
To help users regain access to their Workplace accounts as a system admin:
- Visit the People tab in the Admin Panel.
- The users who still need to confirm their second factor will appear as Verifying.
- Click and select More options.
- Select Generate Authentication Code. Share this code with the user and they'll be able to use it as their recovery code to access their account.