This article is only applicable to users of Workplace Advanced.
Workplace accounts have the URL format https://[company].workplace.com/. To change this, check whether the new URL is available (try to browse to your desired URL). If there's no Workplace account at that address, open a support request and ask for the change to be made.
Note: This will stop any links to the original address working, including claim links and bookmarks.
This article is only applicable to admins on Workplace Essential and Workplace Advanced.
You must be logged into Workplace from your computer to view what email domains your company has registered.
To view which email domains your company has registered:
- Click Admin Panel at the top left of your profile.
- Click Settings then scroll to Accounts and Profiles. There, you can view the number of email domains your company has set up.
Note: Registering an email domain ensures that no other community can create accounts that use that email domain.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you request a subdomain:
- You can't claim a subdomain someone else is already using.
- The subdomain can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9). Dashes (-) are also allowed.
- The subdomain must be at least 5 characters long and can't contain generic terms (example: automobiles.facebook.com).
- You must be a system administrator to request a unique subdomain.
- Your subdomain must adhere to the Workplace Acceptable Use Policy.
Keep in mind that when we change your subdomain, all previous links to your Workplace community will no longer work.
We reserve the right to change your subdomain at anytime due to conflicts with our guidelines.