Customize the profile fields that appear in Workplace accounts
This article is only applicable to admins with relevant permissions.
Admins can customize the set of profile fields in people's Workplace accounts. They can also choose whether the profile fields are shown on Workplace profiles, and manage who can edit information in these profile fields.
There are some compulsory profile fields in Workplace accounts that cannot be removed. Within their sections, these are:
- Personal: Name, Pronouns, Username, Birthday, Languages.
- Role: Position, Manager and reports, Work Teams.
- Organization: Employee ID, Department, Division, Organization, Start date.
- Skills: Skills, Biography.
- Location: Location.
- Contact: Email address, Phone.
You can still control whether most of these fields are shown on Workplace profiles, with the exception of Name, Position, Manager and reports, and Work Teams.
Add or remove profile fields
There are some more profile fields that you can add to or remove from Workplace accounts. Examples: Job code; Office location; Time zone.
To do this:
- Click Admin Panel in the left menu on Workplace.
- Click Settings.
- In the Profile fields tab, click Edit profile fields.
- To add profile fields, click next to profile fields you want to add in the Add profile fields menu on the right.
- To remove profile fields, click to the right of the profile field you want to remove, then select Remove. Review the information, then click Confirm.
- Click Done at the top of the page.