How do I manage the fields that users see on their profile on Workplace?
As the admin of your Workplace, you can manage which fields show on people's profiles.
To choose the fields:
- From your News Feed, click Admin Panel in the left menu.
- Click Settings. You may be asked to re-enter your password.
- Click Profile Fields at the top.
- From there, you can decide which fields should show on people's profiles by toggling on or off below the Visibility section.
- Below the Editable by section, click the drop-down menu and select who can edit a field.
You can determine who has the ability to edit each profile field from the following options:
- Profile Owners. Profile owners can edit this information on their profile.
- Admins Only. Only admins can edit this information, either directly from the profile or from the Admin Panel.
- Identity Provider. This setting is the default for all companies connected to an identity provider, keeping your Workplace data in sync with the identity provider.
The following fields must be visible on profiles:
- Job Title
- Team (manager and direct reports)
For account identity purposes, the following fields can only be edited by admins:
- Employee ID