How do admins add people to Workplace?
This article is only applicable to admins of Workplace Essential and Workplace Advanced.
Admins can choose from the following invite settings to control who joins their Workplace:
- Only people who are invited can join - you can limit coworkers in your Workplace community to a specific segment of the organization such as region, department or team.
- Anyone from the following email domains can join - this option will make your Workplace community available to your entire organization.
To add people to your Workplace community:
- By using Add Individual: Click Admin Panel at the top left of your Workplace profile. From there, select People > Add People > Add Individual. You can add people using their individual email addresses. All of those users will immediately be invited to Workplace.
- By using Add Manually: Click Admin Panel at the top left of your Workplace profile. From there, select People > Add People > Add People. You can add people using their individual email addresses. All of those users will immediately be invited to Workplace.
- By uploading an Excel or CSV file: Click Admin Panel at the top left of your Workplace profile. From there, select People > Add People > Add People and then click Import file under Add manually. Follow the instructions. Keep in mind that you'll be asked whether you want to send invites now or later.
- By connecting your identity provider: Workplace has an out of the box integration with the largest Cloud Identity Providers such as Azure AD, G Suite, Okta, OneLogin and Ping. You can connect your Cloud Identity Provider by using Workplace Import (where the provisioning connector is hosted by Workplace) or using a Workplace custom integration (where the provisioning connector is hosted by the Identity Provider).
- Via SCIM: This set of guides introduces the concepts of account provisioning and deactivation through the use of the SCIM API.
Keep in mind that if you selected Invite later at the prompt, the ability to send invitations will be enabled. You can choose to invite everyone in one go or individually. This applies when adding people using IDP or CSV.
Learn more about bulk account management.
Note: Email addresses that don't include a person's name, such as firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, can't be used to create a Workplace account. This ensures that the community knows who owns the account, and who's responsible for the content that the account creates.