Download the new Harvard Business Review and Workplace report: The Digitization of Collaboration
As work evolves, so do the tools we use to get it done. We asked Harvard Business Review Analytics Services to find out what kind of impact this was having on business leaders and their organizations.
HBRAS surveyed 718 of its readers to discover what they thought about the rise of ‘social collaboration tools’. The results were near-unanimous. 95% of people working in large organizations use social tools today, while the remaining 5% are exploring them for future use.
Download the full report for further insights and HBR‘s unique analysis.
“These social applications allow people to work not just faster and cheaper, but also in ways they simply couldn’t have before,” says Heidi Gardner, who is a distinguished fellow at Harvard Law School’s Center on the Legal Profession. She’s also the author of a book on the topic, Smart Collaboration: How Professionals and Their Firms Succeed by Breaking Down Silos.
“The technologies allow cross-organization collaboration with experts within a firm,” says Heidi, “as well as across organizations, that can securely and creatively solve problems in real time.”
Workplace, of course, is at the cutting-edge of collaboration technology and organizations are using it to drive transformational impact across all departments, functions, and geographies.
Check out our infographic to learn more about how business leaders are responding to the opportunities created by these new tools.
Let's Stay Connected
Get the latest news and insights from the frontline of work.
By submitting this form, you agree to receive marketing-related electronic communications from Facebook, including news, events, updates and promotional emails. You may withdraw your consent and unsubscribe from such emails at any time. You also acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Workplace Privacy terms.